Filed under: Uncategorized
1. Favorite non-dairy milk? I haven’t met a non-dairy milk I don’t like! We always have almond milk in the fridge. I buy oat and hemp when it’s on sale.
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook? I am going to make one of the pot pies from VCON this week as an early Thanksgiving-ish meal for Matt and I. (On actual Thanksgiving, we are going out to dinner with his family.) I’ll also be making cranberry sauce because I love the stuff!
3. Topping of choice for popcorn? Salt, garlic powder and nooch. Melted eb if I am feeling really indulgent.
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure? There’s been a few. I tried to make Matt a cheesecake for his 21st birthday and accidentally used firm ‘fu instead of silken….yuuuuck.
5. Favorite pickled item? I haven’t tried many pickled items…so I don’t think I can answer this one…
6. How do you organize your recipes? Matt finally made me put them all in a binder haha
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal? Trash and disposal.
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)? VCON Black Bean Burgers, guacamole and margaritas!
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood? My family didn’t cook a lot…but, I would say the times when someone did cook and we all sat down and ate as a family.
10. Favorite vegan ice cream? Green soft serve
11. Most loved kitchen appliance? Food processor…hands down!!
12. Spice/herb you would die without? Garlic
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time? This Betty Crocker one for kids. I still love to look through it.
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly? Raspberry
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend? Cookies or hummus
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh? Seitan. The Simple Seitan recipe from VCON is the best. I really don’t care for the baked seitan everyone loves ::gasp::
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)? Saturday or Sunday afternoon
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator? Empty wine bottles and Matt’s cork collection
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking. Frozen carrots, frozen corn, cashews
20. What’s on your grocery list? I just went to WF, so nothing
21. Favorite grocery store? We had a really cool co-op here, but it went out of business. So, I guess Trader Joe’s.
22. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet. My mom’s “Groovy Chicken Casserole”.
23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa’s because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3? I love them all equally.
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate? Mike and Ikes
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately? Olives from WF
26. Veganaise or Nayonaise? Veganaise! Mmmm
27. What is one recipe or ingredient or cooking technique that you’ve become familiar with in the last year that you can’t imagine you ever lived without? Making seitan
28. If you could pick anyone to take a one hour cooking lesson from, who would it be? Ms. Isa Chandra Moskowitz
8 Comments so far
Leave a comment